Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Friday, November 08, 2013

French Cuisine Friday : Brioche

The first time I ate brioche was in Versailles, it tasted like American sliced white bread with a hint of sugar. Brioche is pronounced like this bree -o-shh.

After a long week, even though I really don't remember what I did, except two moutains of laundry. I decided to make some brioche, actually two loaves in case one didn't turn out right.
I do remember it took an hour to clean the kitchen while the bread was cooking, but that could have been because I was listening to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack and was singing along more than cleaning. But I also have to remember I have a newborn and things take twice or three times longer than before I had the baby.

Anyway back to the brioche, the brioche recipe came from this website.
When I pulled the brioche out of the oven, I was like this doesn't look like what I had in Versailles. But after looking at the picture on the website it looked the same so I decided that I did it right.


The only thing I would do next time would be to add vanilla sugar or may be some dried fruit.

Because one piece isn't enough I had to have three!

Next week, I'm thinking appetizers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment