Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Arts in Islam at the Louvre

A while back, I had a few hours to kill after the dentist before meeting up with a friend. So, I went to see the exhibition "Arts in Islam" at the Louvre.

It was an interesting visit, firstly because I was the only person there in the exhibition hall with a headscarf, maybe the only Muslim.
Secondly, because of the above facts, a guard decided to have me fill out a questionnaire on the exhibit and a woman near the Mediterrean exhibits asked me if I only came to the Louvre for the Islamic exhibit. She was shocked when I said that I had been to Louvre way too many times and that my favorite painting is the one of Napolean and the crowning.


Below are some different pieces that I saw : 

Perfume bottles from a long time ago



 I love the pretty colors


Doors from a mosque

I love mosaics and their detail. If I had my own house the walls would be covered in mosaics.




A Turkish rug from the 13th century and look how intact it still is
Here you can check out the exhibition from the Louvre website and also you will be able to see the newest edition to the outside of the Louvre (besides the controversial triangle!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment