Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hôtel Bristol

About a week ago, I had an opportunity to dine at the Hôtel Bristol, a very expensive and exquisite hotel, located near the Champs-Elysees. I was to meet a very sophisticated musician more on this later because the contract is still in the works ! Let's just say the musician just had an article in Le Figaro amongst other magazines.

As I was walking towards the hotel, I was amazed by the architecture. I mean this was a part of Paris I have never seen. Probably because my fashion sense and wallet are only dream of going to this part !

As I reached the hotel, I felt like a celebrity. And apparently one of the actors that played James Bond was there and I totally missed his entrance !

When I walked in, I went to the bar. First they asked if I had a reservation and I said no I am meeting someone and she told me to wait here. The guy pointed to a table and went there. He pulled out my chair and pushed me in, handed me a menu and then the guy said "Would you like a newspaper ?" And I was like sure and he was like which language French or English, I was said "Choose one and surprise me, I speak both" and he was like no it's your choice. Finally when he wasn't just going to choose one I said English.
the pictures don't do it any justice, but I felt like I was walking into a castly

Then he gave me the menu. Ok first price I saw was 21 € for a virgin cocktail, yes you read that right 21 euros. and I bet you the glass wasn't that big !


This coffee ended up being 9 euros. Ok the water and the cookies were included, but still the coffee tasted the same as the one I posted about the other day. And you don't even want to know how much my vegetarian sandwich ended up costing ! basically an arm and a leg and my first-born child !

It was a great experience and I hope to have a few more occasions like that now and again.

Have you ever stayed in a 5-star Paris hotel ?

No comments:

Post a Comment