Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween in France

Happy Halloween from theparisrambler!

Just a little while ago a group of kids rang the doorbell, and said "Today is Halloween can you give us candy." I said I know what today is and I am not going to give you candy because you didn't dress up. They had their regular clothes on and had pumpkins painted on their face. Ok I'll give them a little credit for the face paint. But there was no Trick-or-Treat or Happy Halloween.

Then, one kid was like I'll give you this fruitcake if you give us candy. I mean I know they just wanted FREE CANDY but why would I give them candy, when I dressed up every year for Halloween.

Finally I said "I am American, I know what Halloween is because we invented it and you are not dressed up so therefore I will not give you candy" So they left sad and probably angry but I am not going to let a holiday that I enjoyed as a kid be continued without the same traditions.

Last year, some kids tried the same thing and I was like I have chocolate chip muffins or apples and they didn't want either of them. So I guess like any other kid, these kids wanted FREE CANDY!

 What are you thoughts ? Would you give candy to kids that weren't dressed up ?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment