Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Monday, October 22, 2012

Paris B&W : Churches

The other day, I was going through my pictures and I have decided that at least once or twice a week, I would share some B&W shots of Paris to enjoy when I don't have a story or thought to share. Some are from night and some are from the day.

Today we have two churches. And no there are not of the famous Notre Dame.
The first is Saint Eustache that one can discover near Forum les Halles at metro stop Chatelet. I find the outside of the church fasinating and elaborate, more interesting than Notre Dame. All of the flying buttresses and windows.
Saint Eustache near Châtelet
 Another church is Saint Sulpice found at you guessed it metro stop Saint Sulpice. My husband and I discovered this church when we were walking out of Jardin du Luxembourg and then stumbled upon a "brocante" like an open air yard sale (more on this later). We didn't go inside, but again the architecture on the outside is just fun to stare at.
Saint Sulpice, I think
Have you visited any of these churches ? What were your impressions ?
 

1 comment: