Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Friday, October 25, 2013

French Cuisine Friday - Mousse au Chocolat

French Cuisine Friday, I will show you a French cuisine item I made during the week. I will post pictures as well as the recipe and some background on the item and possibly including some French vocab in the process.

While my mom was here, she kept complaining that she wanted chocolate mousse (mousse au chocolat). We had planned on making it several times but we actually never got around to doing it. I think it was all the prefecture visits (posts to come soon!).

One Sunday morning when she went to church, I decided to make her some as it was a few days before she was leaving and it would be a nice surprise.

I didn't use a French recipe for this. Julia Child has a good one, but I don't have access to her book. So, I ended up using the recipe off of Joy of Baking.


According to Joy of Baking,
One spoonful of this Chocolate Mousse and you will be hooked forever. It is what you could call a grown up chocolate pudding. A simple yet elegant dessert. While it uses only a few ingredients, its chocolate flavor is rich and its texture is silky smooth, airy, almost foamy. And foamy is an apt description as "mousse" is French for 'froth' or 'foam'.

I experienced one problem, the cream wouldn't whip.  So I just ended up pouring the semi-whipped liquid in and the chocolate mousse was a little liquidy. But it received a 10/10 from my mom.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment