Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Friday, April 04, 2014

French Cuisine Friday : Pot au Feu

 Note : This is part of the French Cuisine Friday Series which is now based off the list of 44 classic French Meals You Should Try Before You Die

Today's feature  on French Cuisine Friday is Pot au Feu which is #12 on the list and a link to their recipe from Bon Appetit

Pot-au-Feu literally a Pot on the Fire means a stew. So its like a Veggie Beef Stew or another translation was a plate of boiled beef and stewed vegetables.
I actually made this dish a few months back because it really helps warm you up after a cold day. It would  make a great dinner tonight because it's cold and cloudy, but I have already decided we are eating breakfast for dinner.

One of the best parts of this dish is that you can go the supermarket and buy a pack of veggies labeled Pot au Feu.
I was going to add cabbage but ended up not.

I didn't use all of the recommended meat cuts, because we don't eat pork. Instead I used a mixture of beef cubes and beef bones. I also cooked this in the crockpot to get a good tasting broth, which I ended up freezing for future soups.





I made it around 11 am and left it on high till about 5pm. But I have seen people use pressure cookers or a basic pot.

Take the meat and veggies out of the pot and enjoy!

Let us know if you have made or plan to make pot-au-feu!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment