Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beep Beep : Road Rage

Every morning when I take the train into the city only get onto another to out of the city, I have to fight the traffic. I often feel like I am in a car, I have to pay attention to my blindspots, look behind me and change speed. Changing speed is awful because I am usually running to catch my train and people are just snailing along.

The amount of people at Haussman Saint Lazare in particular is ridiculous. It's like an over-packed amusement park on a summer day, but everyday. People push and shove without a "pardon", it's like the French are becoming an Americans! Something they probably do not want to admit.

Another thing is the fact that people run towards their train when the sign says "acces interdit" meaning "do not enter the train is about to leave and the doors might just close on you". But people just go and don't look back. I always wondered how many of them really make it.

I have always wondered as well if everyone was on time (we all know the french are notorious for being 20 minutes late) for their train, would there be pushing and people running  towards trains? I guess only in the perfect world, everyone would be calm and kind. So I just kind have to live with people who are running later than I am.

Thoughts??


No comments:

Post a Comment