Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving !

In France, Thanksgiving isn't really celebrated. My boss scheduled a meeting for today and I was like "Thursday is Thanksgiving" and he said "Oh I know, but that doesn't mean you get the day off!"

My husband and I will not be celebrating Thanksgiving til the weekend. I am not sure if I am actually going to cook something. I might make a pie with the pumpkins I bought in Versailles.  But I really want us to go out and eat sushi, is that un-American??

Last year we went to an indian restaurant with our Korean friend, SK. Maybe we will do that again this year. Or maybe I will buy a turkey from turkish boucherie! haha a turkey from the turks.

 Also, this has nothing to do with Thanksgiving, but I signed up to make dessert for our work Christmas party. They all said they wanted baklava, but I want to make an American Christmas dessert. I know I will be making buckeyes (for non-Americans, these are peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate), because my generous Amerian friends have sent lots of jars of peanut butter. I want to make a second thing in case they don't like the buckeyes (The French are used to nutella sandwiches and not pb&j).

Do you have suggestions on what to make ???


No comments:

Post a Comment