Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Monday, November 14, 2011

Guess what this is : Pumpkin Answer

It's French name is potimarron and it's English name is a Red Kuri. Thanks to this website I was able to learn more information about the red kuri.

I decided that I was going to treat it like a pumpkin anyway. A food blog that I like to check out "The Pioneer Woman" had perfect ideas on how to make pumpkin puree and roast the seeds. The only thing I have to say is that the red kuri had a lot of water in it and the skin didn't want to come off.

I ended up making red kuri pogaca (like a scone/biscuit) but I put brown sugar on top, thanks to another recipe found on "Almost Turkish" (I will post the other pogaca I made later).

I also made muffins and roasted the seeds. I bought some more at the market in Versailles, possibly I will soup or a red kuri bundt cake! or red kuri pumpkin spice lattés - since the Starbucks here is way too cool to make them.

What do you do with pumpkin ?

No comments:

Post a Comment