Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Friday, March 14, 2014

French Cuisine Friday : White Bean Hummus | Brandade á la Soissonaise

The other day, I made lamb in the pressure cooker because it is so much tender that way, plus the water makes a lamb broth which I freeze for later.
I, also, decided to cook white beans too. At first, I was going to make a salad with them, but then I remembered there was already salad in the fridge. So, I went to my new best friend pinterest and I remembered that I had pinned a recipe for white bean hummus (dip) - see recipe below - and decided to make it. I already knew that I would be the only person eating it, because my husband has never eaten hummus and has refused to try it.

I put the hummus out on the dinner table and right away Yilmaz says "Is that hummus? (When he doesn't know what something is he calls it hummus?) and I was glad to report "Why yes this time, this actually is hummus." At first, he said he didn't like it which usually means I like it but I don't want to admit that I like it. Halfway through dinner he started dipping his bread in it which led to bigger and bigger scoops. I jokingly said "Oh I thought you didn't like it" and he said "Oh I don't, but what else do you expect me to eat ???". This is a great dish for those picky eaters because you can dip almost anything into it!

Here is my recipe adapted from Vicky of avocadopesto.com

Julia Child’s Brandade á la Soissonaise (White Bean Dip)
 
 Ingredients
  • 1 cup dried white beans, soaked and cooked until tender
  • 2 Tbs of dried basil
  • 3-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • ¼ cup Tahini paste
  •  minced garlic - I used 3 garlic cloves
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus more drizzling)
  • red pepper  for garnish, optional
Instructions
  1. Add beans, lemon juice, tahini paste, and minced garlic to a blender and process until beans are pureed, about 1 minute - add water if needed. Then add olive oil through the feed chute 1 tablespoon at a time. 
  2. Place in a decorative bowl and drizzle olive oil and sprinkle red pepper. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment