Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Skirts Galore !

Last weekend, I was looking on the carter's website to see if they had a sale on baby dresses and skirts. They did not (but now they do!) The skirts that I really liked were 20 euros plus shipping and VAT tax. So, I decided to scour pinterest to find out to make handmade skirts for babies.

This website turned out to be the favorite amongst pinners, so I decided to run with it. Since last weekend I have made four skirts! And I have saved so much money. The total retail cost for all four doesn't even add up to 20 euros. but more like 3 euros a skirt!

Yilmaz told me this reminds him of a gypsy skirt!



I have decided that bias tape makes everything fancier.
After having received so many compliments from the different functions I attended this weekend, I bought some more material again today. I am hoping to make two skirts for myself and a double-tiered skirt for Fatima - pictures to come later!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment