Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Monday, September 10, 2012

Louvre Visit 2

Last week, I had a chance to be a tour guide for some Turks from the Netherlands in Paris. Of course they wanted to visit everywhere in 2 days. But I made it clear it is not possible to see everywhere in Paris, there are places I haven't seen and I have lived here for 3+ years.
Funny story when we visited the Louvre, the girl I was showing around just turned 26 so she wasn't going to be able to get in for free. But we were going to try anyway, so we went to the entrance counter and the girl was like I don't have my passport I only have my student card from the Netherlands. So, the  worker was like sing me a French song. So there she was singing the French national anthemn at the entrance of the louvre ! Would you do this to get into a museum or a place for free ?

While there, I decided to take some photos of some other favorite things in the Louvre. Enjoy!
The Wings of Victory
Modern Art during the Renaissance

It's incredible how many paintings they put on the walls !

I love this painting, I could stand in front of it for hours !


 

No comments:

Post a Comment