Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Turkey : The Village

I spent at least a week in the village meeting family and cousins. I really liked the village, except for the bug bites. Their house was very open. There were four main rooms, two that were open and the other two were closed (the bedrooms). Most people sleep on the floor but because I was the guest, I got to sleep on the futon.
The bedroom

The "living room"
They grow everything they eat

Aren't these mountains just beautiful
 The children were so cute. The little boys pretended to shoot at me the first day and I said "Don't do that, I am American," in Turkish. The two little girls are nieces. Every single time, the little kids spoke in Turkish, I had no clue what they were talking about, so I said "Tamam/Ok"


There was so much to do in the village, we walked up one of the mountains at least once a day. 
Mountain view

No comments:

Post a Comment