Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Commute to Work

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about communiting is a scene from Paris je t'aime.


I feel a lot like this woman, because now that I have the job at rejoyce my commute has changed dramatically. But I am glad that I don't have my own child and have to take care of another, my job involves taking care of musicians (don't know which one is harder, haha). My husband and I have decided that we will figure out our work situation when the time arises to have children.

My commute is crazy ( the bus to rer B to the E to a train at Hausmann saint lazare to Versailles Rive Droite and walk 10 minutes, it's always about 1h30) and most people, probably you, are like why do you do it and not find something closer to home. Well that is a good question, but the answer goes like this : I couldn't find a job in the field I wanted closer to home, especially with the prefecture taking it's lovely time getting back to me on my own future project. But enough complaining, the time in the train gives me enough time to work on my professional and personal projects even if it means being squished between people.

But that's life, we can sleep when we are dead right?

No comments:

Post a Comment