Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Picture of Week : Pigeons

This week I have been thinking about pigeons, you know those birds considered disgusting and found everywhere. It's like the Canadian geese in America.
come here little birdy !


Anyway back on subject, I was thinking about how I have never seen a baby pigeon (un pigeonneau en français). I always see big ones and it always seems to be mating season, so obviously there are baby ones somewhere.

I looked and looked; and then I found one. 

A pigeon egg, kind of an odd place !
Two of my friends who live further down the street have been having trouble with pigeons. The pigeons have been trying to make nests out of their laundry,( I am sure that is a big surprise finding a pigeon in your jeans when folding them.) But I don't know what would be worse, a snake, a pigeon, or a rat !
One told me she keeps finding eggs in odd places, it's like they skipped the part of a nest and ended up laying one in her tomatoes ! She has baby pigeons too ! and she will probably have more because she feeds them, it's like never feed the seagulls at the beach so never feed the pigeons off your balcony ! And sadly they fly away too fast to get a picture !

Have you seen baby pigeons before ?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment