Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Monday, June 06, 2011

Dijon 1

A few weeks ago, I went to Dijon, France to meet an American musical duo, Asteria, who sing medieval and renaissance music that one heard in castles of the 15th century.  

Sidenote : For those of you who don't know I am in the process of opening a music management agency in France, just waiting on my legal authorization before opening for business. 

Dijon is a very pretty and easy to navigate city. Before going, I decided not to open a tourist book or look information online because I was going to let my guides (Eric and Sylvia) lead me to all the right places.

I met Eric first at the train station and we walked in the direction of their apartment, discussing my motivations and their motivations. We passed the market and I noted that the prices seemed way more expensive than Paris, ( especially the fish, the price was tripled). Salmon, please 30 euros a kilo! Upon arriving at their homestay, I met Sylvia, a former Christine from Phantom of the Opera!

We chatted business which included a live concert, check out their website for audio samples, I highly recommend it



After lunch, they showed me around the city, noting places they would like to perform at as well as the highlights, we went to the Musée Magnin, who was exhibiting dresses worn in theater and opera productions

Like this one, worn by a woman playing a man
Check out the next post about other sites to see in Dijon.

No comments:

Post a Comment